Shock Totem #7
Shock Totem steamrolls ahead with its seventh issue, featuring tales of classic horror, creature features, heartbreak and loss!
The legendary William F. Nolan offers up "The Horror That Et My Pap--and Other Swamp Stuff," a tale the likes of which you have never read before. S. Clayton Rhodes delivers "The Gates of Emile Plimpkin: The Gravedigger's Legacy," a novelette that veritably oozes horror borne of the 1800s. Damien Angelica Walters (formerly Damien Walters Grintalis) gives us the heartbreaking "Shall I Whisper to You of Moonlight, of Sorrow, of Pieces of Us?" And M. Bennardo supplies this issue's creature-feature with "Thing In a Bag."
Newcomers are front and center, beginning with the one-two punch of "Consumption" and "Among the Elephants," by Victoria Jakes and Amberle L. Husbands, respectively. In "The Long Road," Kristi DeMeester leads us to the water's dark edge and tempts us to drink deep, drink long, because we are so very thirsty. Rounding things out is Dominik Parisien's excellent poem, "Smoking, The Old Sergeant Remembers 30 Mins Past Ceasefire."
In addition to all the great fiction, you will find conversations with literary stalwart Laird Barron and Violet LeVoit. The early 70s are explored in the fifth installment of the horror-in-music serial, "Bloodstains & Blue Suede Shoes." Narrative nonfiction is handled by Kurt Newton, and with "The Hook, the Hole, and the Garden," John Boden delivers possibly the most heart-wrenching piece of nonfiction ever published in Shock Totem.
Come see why Shock Totem is billed as “...one of the strongest horror fiction magazines on the market today” (Hellnotes).
Table of Contents:
* The Hook, the Hole, and the Garden, by John Boden (Article)
* Consumption, by Victoria Jakes
* Among the Elephants, by Amberle L. Husbands
* The Four Horsemen of the Parking Lot, by Kurt Newton (Narrative Nonfiction)
* There Is Always Something Worse: A Conversation with Laird Barron, by Michael Wehunt
* The Gates of Emile Plimpkin: The Gravedigger’s Legacy, by S. Clayton Rhodes (Novella)
* Smoking, The Old Sergeant, by Dominik Parisien (Poetry)
* Strange Goods and Other Oddities (Reviews)
* The Horror That Et My Pap—And Other Swamp Stuff, by William F. Nolan
* Shall I Whisper to You of Moonlight, of Sorrow, of Pieces of Us, by Damien Angelica Grintalis
* Bloodstains & Blue Suede Shoes, Part 5, by John Boden and Simon Marshall-Jones (Article)
* The Long Road, by Kristi DeMeester
* Stargazer Breech and Choking: A Conversation with Violet LeVoit, by John Boden
* Thing in a Bag, by M. Bennardo †
* Howling Through the Keyhole (Author Notes)
† Honorable mention in the Best Horror of the Year Volume 6 anthology, edited by Ellen Datlow.
Artwork by Mikio Murakami (www.silentqdesign.net)
6" x 9"
For Digital Copies:
For other regions, see your specific Amazon website. For ePub editions, please contact us directly.